Monday, January 23, 2012

Chicken Taco Chili

This is an amazingly easy and delicious Weight Watchers Crock Pot recipe that I would probably make every week if I wasn't trying to expand my horizons! I think this might be Joe's favorite because it was the first time I ever saw him take leftovers to work for lunch. This is pretty significant because 1. he isn't a big fan of leftovers, and 2. he never takes his lunch to work. By never I mean that in Joe's 10+ years of working an 8-5 he has maybe taken his lunch to work 10 times - and I've never seen it with my own eyes...until now. Since we started Kosama he has actually been packing a lunch pretty consistently, I think he even likes it...just don't tell him I said that or he'll stop. He is also in a Biggest Loser competition with his co-workers at Woodman Controls so I'm sure the lack of group lunch adventures to HuHot and Jethros will help too. Now try this recipe out and let me know what you think!

www.skinnytaste.com is where I found this gem, but the picture is the real product straight from my crock pot:)



Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
 Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g  • Protein: 16.9 g

Ingredients: 
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
1 16-oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels I use two small cans of corn, drained
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies  I usually choose one "original" and one "mild" 
1 packet taco seasoning I buy the low-sodium kind and only use about 3/4 of a packet
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 

Directions: 
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. (That's IT!) Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).



No comments:

Post a Comment